TARPN Home Latest News
This page keeps track of the latest news and the bug and enhancement list for the current version of TARPN Home. Due to complexity of implementation, just because an item is on the list does not mean it will be corrected/added.
Current Version: 2.02 released February 18, 2019
2.01 released February 17, 2019
2.0 released January 10, 2019
Version: 1.12 release on June 10, 2018
Next Planned Version: 2.1
Version 2.02 came out in February 2019 and seems stable. It is time for a new version! I plan on development starting in July 2019.
I would like to implement (but not promising all of) the list of top and medium priority changes listed below. Contact me if you have anything to add.
A green dot to the left of a chatter name indicates they are active (Typed within the last 10 minutes).
If you are idle (no chat message sent) for more than 10 minutes, the dot turns to grey and the idle time appears on the right.
If you are away (by typing "afk" or "away" or by clicking an "I'm Away" button), the dot turns into a red X and the away time appears on the right after 10 minutes.
Typing any text cancels the idle or away status. This is similar to Facebook.
Current Bug/Enhancement list:
- Top priority:
- -> The default BBS sound doesn't play on Firefox and maybe Safari. Works fine on Chrome and Edge. Choose a custom MP3 instead.
- -> Disable the node tab keepalive in the chat tab
- -> Put in tarpn_home.ini: Version: V3.00
- -> Double-click the Join button causes 2 chat entries
- Medium Priority:
- -> Option do display date on chat timestamp
- -> Add support for emojis (drop-down and text replacement)
- -> Ability to open the chat and node logs, then search them
- -> Show an indicator when the web screen isn't working with the python host
- -> Print a BBS message
- -> Dynamic Drop-down commands to view files and perform OS functions
- -> Make a separate “Reply with partial copy” button in the BBS pane. Copy the Date field and the first 10 lines of text into the reply message.
Eliminate the R: lines, BID lines, and any blank lines, and prepend >> in front of the remaining lines.
- -> Display node stats in graphs
- -> Better chat colors by ignoring BPQ colors
- -> Smart knowledge of other nodes (including a map)
- -> Click on another node to connect to it
- -> Other node connection tracking
- -> A version for mobile devices
- -> Implement a basic Forum tab
- Low Priority:
- -> Allow someone to chat with a different call sign. Entered the first time, and selectable any time afterwards. New sessions default to the call in the node.ini
- -> iPhone beep doesn't work yet
- -> iPhone use may lock up the app server
- -> Phone-sized formatting is terrible
Need to get v2.0? here are instructions: TARPN Home information on the TARPN website
Last edited: February, 2019
hide search terms here?.