TARPN Home Latest News
This page keeps track of the latest news and the bug and enhancement list for the current version of TARPN Home. Due to complexity of implementation, just because an item is on the list does not mean it will be corrected/added.
Current Version: 2.02 released February 18, 2019
2.01 released February 17, 2019
2.0 released January 10, 2019
Version: 1.12 release on June 10, 2018
Next Planned Version: 2.1
Version 2.02 came out in February 2019 and seems stable. It is time for a new version! I plan on development starting in February 2021.
I would like to implement (but not promising all of) the list of top and medium priority changes listed below. Contact me if you have anything to add.
Current Bug/Enhancement list (as of Feb 18, 2021):
- Top priority:
- Change the join process to remove the response from other nodes and embed the state in keepalives
- Investigate the idea of getting chatter list statuses from immediate neighbors.
- The default BBS sound doesn't play on Firefox and maybe Safari. Works fine on Chrome and Edge. Choose a custom MP3 instead.
- Put in tarpn_home.ini: Version: V2.1
- Double-click the Join button causes 2 chat entries
- Change the name to plural with 's causes chatter list issues
- Put a scroll bar on the chatters list when it exceeeds screen height
- Allow < and & characters in "To Send" text and not have it interpreted as HTML on the other end
- Fix bug where "Connect" at the beginning of text sends "C SWITCH S"
- Medium Priority:
- Make the chat window load not cut off the top line
- Option to auto-start and rejoin if disconnected
- Be able to stop autoscroll
- Be able to scroll backwards more
- Option to display date on chat timestamp
- Ability to open the chat and node logs, then search them (default search to your call)
- Sort the chatters list with most recent at the top
- Make a separate “Reply with partial copy” button in the BBS pane. Copy the Date field and the first 10 lines of text into the reply message.
Eliminate the R: lines, BID lines, and any blank lines, and prepend >> in front of the remaining lines.
- Low Priority:
- Disable the node tab keepalive in the chat tab
- Show an indicator when the web screen isn't working with the python host
- Add support for emojis (drop-down and text replacement)
- Print a BBS message
- Dynamic Drop-down commands to view files and perform OS functions
- Allow someone to chat with a different call sign. Entered the first time, and selectable any time afterwards. New sessions default to the call in the node.ini
- iPhone beep doesn't work yet
- iPhone use may lock up the app server
- Phone and ipad formatting is terrible
- Wish list:
- Display node stats in graphs
- Better chat colors by ignoring BPQ colors
- Smart knowledge of other nodes (including a map)
- Click on another node to connect to it
- Other node connection tracking
- A version for mobile devices
- Implement a basic Forum tab
- Mobile equivalent of up arrow on Chat screen
- Integrate Brantley's grafana graphs into info panel
- Integrate Aaron's APRS interface into a new panel
Need to get v2.0? here are instructions: TARPN Home information on the TARPN website
Last edited: February, 2021
hide search terms here?.